Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 12:20 p.m. Buddie Thomas Nichols, 34, Indianapolis, was arrested for probation violation.
At 6 p.m. Jeremy Hylton Barker, 30, Roachdale, was charged with violation of home detention.
* On Thursday, Jan. 30 at 12:05 a.m. Samantha Rachelle Stinson, 21, Greencastle, was booked in for battery and disorderly conduct.
On Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 5:38 p.m. a sleepy driver ran off westbound U.S. 40, causing extensive damage to the vehicle and a guardrail.
Kenneth D. Duke, 72, Cloverdale, was westbound at approximately County Road 725 East in a 1997 Lincoln Towncar when he reportedly fell asleep at the wheel.
The car left the north side of the road and collided head on with the face of a guardrail. The crash took out approximately 75 feet of guardrail.
Duke, who was checked by medical personnel and signed a release form, was picked up by his family.
The Fillmore Fire Department and Jerry's Wrecker assisted with cleanup and vehicle removal.
Deputy Mike Downing estimated damages at $5,001-$10,000.
Greencastle City police responded to four recent property-damage accidents.
-- At 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, two Greencastle teenagers were involved in a two-vehicle mishap at Percy Julian Drive and Avenue D in front of Greencastle High School.
Officer Darrel Bunten reported that Caitlin Wyatt, 17, stopped her 1993 Toyota Camry westbound at the four-way stop on Avenue D, waiting to turn left onto Percy Julian.
When it was her turn to go, Wyatt reportedly pulled out and her car was struck by a 1997 Dodge Dakota, driven by Travis Mundy, 17.
Mundy was southbound on Percy Julian and told police he was unsure what happened to cause him to collide with the Wyatt car in the middle of intersection.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
-- At 11:38 a.m. Monday, a two-vehicle collision occurred at Bloomington and Seminary streets.
Officer Albert Epple said Lynn Casey, 51, Los Angeles, was eastbound on Seminary Street, driving a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta.
Assuming the intersection with Bloomington Street was a four-way stop, Casey reportedly pulled out into the path of a northbound 2005 Dodge Ram, driven by Rae Suhner, 52, Chrisney, Ind.
Total damage in the mishap was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
-- At 6:18 p.m. Sunday, a two-vehicle accident was reported at Bloomington and Martinsville streets.
Reserve Officer Heath noted that Mary Lear, 22, Mt. Pleasant, S.C., was northbound on Bloomington Street, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, when she reportedly dropped her water bottle. While retrieving it, she failed to notice that the vehicle in front of her had stopped to turn left and Lear's car ran into the rear of a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, driven by John Millikan, 25, Vincennes.
Impact sent the Millikan vehicle careening across the roadway where it came to rest facing northbound in the southbound lane.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 8:24 a.m. Jan. 25, the intersection of Bloomington and Washington streets was the scene of a two-vehicle accident.
John Wrightsman, 41, Greencastle, was northbound on Bloomington Street, driving a 2000 Freightliner. He stopped the semi for the stoplight at Washington Street where the rig was struck from behind by a 2000 Ford Windstar van, driven by Abigail Prine, 21, Monticello, Minn.
Capt Mike Hanlon's report noted that the roadway was slick due to new-fallen snow and Prine could not stop in time to avoid a collision.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to 10 dispatches between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, most of them relating to heavy winds and rains from the overnight storm.
* At 5:36 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD responded to a call of a flooded basement at 315 N. Indiana St., helping the residents pump the water out. They returned to station at 7:04 p.m.
* At 11:03 p.m. firefighters responded to a report of a power line down at 5 E. Liberty St.
* On Wednesday at 12:36 a.m. crews were dispatched to a tree down at Sherwood Drive and Albin Pond Road. The tree was cleared from the road and crews left the scene at 1:42 a.m.
* At 1:02 a.m., personnel responded to a call of a tree down, taking out power lines at the intersection of East Franklin Street and Paradise Lane. The problem pulled the power lines off the side of residences at 408 E. Franklin St., 417 E. Franklin St. and at 7 Paradise Lane. They cleared the scene at 3:45 a.m.
* At 6:11 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a power line down at 402 N. College Ave. They cleared the scene at 6:39 a.m.
They returned to the same site to investigate a smoke odor at 7:06 a.m. Crews returned to station at 7:30 a.m.
* At 7:07 a.m. firefighters responded to a tree down, taking out power lines at South Illinois and Apple streets. They returned to station at 7:14 a.m.
* At 8:30 a.m. crews investigated wind damage at 24 S. Indiana St., returning to station at 8:43 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.