GFD Rapid Response

Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Local fire departments were dispatched to a home located at 831 Tennessee St. in Greencastle at 1:06 p.m. Tuesday. The Greencastle Fire Department found the second story of the home on fire when firefighters arrived at the residence. The fire was later determined to be caused by an electrical short in the area between the first-floor attic and the second floor. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze in less than 15 minutes, using nearly 1,500 gallons of water. The majority of the damage was confined to the area between the first-floor attic and the second floor, totaling nearly $20,000 in damage. The homeowner was not at the residence at the time of the incident. Assisting at scene were the Madison Township, Fillmore, Cloverdale and Bainbridge volunteer fire departments, along with Operation Life, Greencastle Police, the Putnam County Sheriff's Department and Indiana State Police. Duke Energy was also on the scene to assist with power lines. The Reelsville Volunteer Fire Department covered the Greeencastle station during the fire.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: