Scanner for May 28
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 5:50 p.m. Thursday, Bradley Allan Branneman, 46, Cloverdale, was booked into the Putnam County Jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
* At 4 a.m. on Friday, John Scott McGinness, 22, Carmel, was arrested for burglary.
* At 1:14 a.m. on Saturday, Christopher Anthony Tanner, 31, Greencastle, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamines and possession of a controlled substance.
* At 3:40 p.m. on Sunday, Delton Eugene Moore, 40, Greencastle, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 11:24 p.m., Zachary James Zell, 24, Indianapolis, was arrested for driving on a suspended license.
At 11:49 p.m., Charles Lawrence Obanion Jr., 56, Chandler, was charged with public intoxication.
* At 9:30 p.m. on Monday, Jonas Anthony Vance, 44, Greencastle, was arrested on a probation violation.
* At 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Edward Wayne Tomlin, 25, Cloverdale, was charged with battery.
* At 1:39 a.m. on Tuesday, May 20, James E. Cram, 79, Brazil, was westbound on U.S. 40 near County Road 800 West when a deer ran in front of his 1994 Ford Econoline.
Cram advised Reserve officer Don Lewis that he could not avoid striking the animal.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 7:23 p.m. on Thursday, Errissa M. Curry, 34, Cloverdale, was traveling south on Main Street in Cloverdale through the intersection at Market Street.
Curry told Lt. Jon Chadd that she had the green light when her 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT was struck in the passenger side by Jordan C. Garrett, 17, Cloverdale.
Garrett informed Chadd that he eastbound on Market Street, traveling through the intersection when he struck Curry with his Saturn SL1 Automatic. However, he believed he thought he had the green light.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
* At 6:50 a.m. on Friday, Charles A. Myers, 38, Greencastle, was traveling on County Road 350 West near County Road 875 South.
Myers advised Lt. Dwight Simmons that he was being followed by James D. French, 52, Reelsville, and both had just negotiated a 90-degree curve in the road when French began an immediate pass of Myers coming out of the curve.
French advised that he observed Myers slowing his 2005 Ford F150 as if to let him go around. However, during the pass Myers began to make a left turn into a driveway, striking French's 2002 Mazda Protege on the passenger side.
Myers noted that he used his turn signal prior to turning, but French stated no signal was employed at the time.
The two drivers exchanged information and French was able to continue to his destination, while Myers was left with a vehicle disabled from the damage.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to four medical assists and responded to numerous calls this week.
* At 6:44 a.m. on Friday, May 23, GFD was called to 400 S. Illinois St. to investigate a trash fire. The fire was extinguished upon arrival.
* At 11:39 p.m. on Friday, May 23, GFD responded to a smoke scare and possible structure fire at 6 Park St., the smoke had come from an approved burn.
* At 3:29 p.m. on Saturday, May 24, GFD was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian on County Rd. 250. The pedestrian was transported via helicopter to the hospital.
* At 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday, May 27, GFD responded to what turned out to be a false fire alarm at 303 Locust.
* At 4:07 p.m. on Tuesday, May 27, GFD performed an odor investigation at 1016 E. Indianapolis. Upon monitoring the air, nothing dangerous was found.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.