Putnam Scanner 12-1-17
Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 2:16 p.m. Anthony Ryan Stone, 19, Cataract, was lodged at the jail for failure to appear.
• At 9:43 p.m. Joshua Perry Griffin, 23, Reelsville, was housed at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:14 p.m. Tuesday, Joshua Samuel Stephens, 38, Greencastle, was arrested by GPD Officer Brad Hiatt.
Arrested in the parking lot of Heartland Automotive on Warren Drive, Stephens was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on a theft charge.
Over multiple visits, he reportedly took several candy bars and snacks, valued at less than $10, from the Speedway East gasoline station on Indianapolis Road.
• At 12:51 p.m. Travis Lee Smith, 40, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia, Smith was taken into custody after being stopped on Avenue B.
Smith was also issued a summons into court for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
Two additional citations were issued by city officers.
• At 10:24 a.m. Tuesday, Braden Watson, 20, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham.
Stopped on Fillmore Road, Watson was cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license and ticketed for speeding, after being clocked doing 54 mph in a 30-mph zone.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.