Putnam Scanner 12-5-17
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 8:20 a.m. Jeremiah A. Cox, 40, Rockville, was lodged at the jail on a Morgan County warrant.
• At 8:17 p.m. Michael Ethan Birchman, 20, Roachdale, was taken into custody on warrants from Hendricks and Shelby counties.
• At 11:19 a.m. Scott Allen Haywood, 46, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 5:04 a.m. Charles William Garten, 37, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a syringe, false informing and as a habitual traffic violator.
• At 4:47 a.m. Mallory Aileen Campbell-Norris, 33, Greenwood, was lodged at the jail for unlawful possession of a syringe.
One weekend arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 12:44 a.m. Saturday, Haley Trueblood, 25, Greencastle, was arrested by Capt. Charles Inman on Bloomington Street.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail for criminal trespass, Trueblood was taken into custody after repeated complaints at the Bloomington Street Shell Station.
Meanwhile, a 38-year-old Greencastle man will be summoned into court to answer charges of possession of a synthetic drug.
Jason Jones was issued a summons and released from the scene by Capt. Chris Jones, who stopped the suspect on Bloomington Street at 9:42 a.m. Saturday.
Two recent citations were issued by City Police officers.
• At 3:37 p.m. Friday, Christopher Pingleton, 29, Greencastle, was cited by Capt. Jones on College Avenue.
Pingleton was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
• At 2:40 a.m. Wednesday, Dakota Savage, 26, Cloverdale, was ticketed by Capt. Inman.
Savage was stopped on Judson Drive for being an operator never licensed.
• At 2:07 p.m. on Sunday, Jenelle R. Naanes, 31, Gosport, was southbound on Meridian Line Road in a 2005 Cadillac Escalade.
Naanes told Deputy Brian Helmer she was trying to go through a curve when something in her steering broke. She said the steering wheel started grinding and she could tell a part in her left front had failed.
With the vehicle not turning, it went straight into a concrete bridge.
The vehicle was towed due to heavy damage.
Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
• At 11:36 a.m. Sunday, Deputy Brian Helmer was dispatched to a parking lot at 1017 N. Main St., Cloverdale.
A 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee registered to Steven Heshelman, Plainville, had been parked in the lot unattended. When the owners returned to the vehicle, they noticed someone had hit the driver’s side door.
The person who hit the vehicle did not report the accident.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 3:21 a.m. on Sunday, Lanessa L. Fagg, 40, Brazil, was northbound on Manhattan Road in a 1994 Chevrolet truck when she hit a deer and ran over the top of it.
Deputy Robert Soilleux reported minimal visible damage, but Fagg told him that multiple warning lights in the truck were activated after the crash.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
• At 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, Janice M. Pilant, 65, Indian Mound, Tenn., was northbound on U.S. 231 approaching County Road 1200 South in a 2012 Nissan Juke when she hit a deer.
Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 5:28 a.m. on Saturday, Jason N. Davis, 47, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 200 North approaching County Road 450 East in a 2012 Toyota Tacoma when he hit a deer.
Deputy Biggs estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
• At 11:39 a.m. on Friday, Brittany R. Davis, 19, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 700 South in a 2005 Dodge Neon.
Davis told Deputy Brian Helmer she reached down to get a cigarette, at which time she ran off the roadway. The car entered a field on the south side of the roadway, then went back toward the road, overturning in the ditch.
The car rolled back across the road and hit a mailbox.
Davis declined medical attention.
The car was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.