Putnam Scanner for January 25, 2019
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11:20 a.m. Michael W. Summers, 24, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 8:56 a.m. James Samuel Miller, 35, Madison, was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 2:46 a.m. Dylan Alexander Romandine, 23, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 12:44 a.m. Devin Matthew Joyner, 21, Brazil, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 2:24 p.m. Brittney Ann Thacker, 33, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant, for unlawful possession of a syringe and resisting law enforcement.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 7:12 p.m. on Saturday, Richard A. Romandine, 58, Indianapolis, was westbound on U.S. 40, approaching County Road 250 East in a 2001 Buick Regal.
Romandine told Deputy Anthony Brown that a pickup truck was stopped in his lane with no caution lights flashing. But by the time he realized the truck was stopped, he was unable to stop and collided with the driver’s side of the truck.
The pickup was a 2013 Dodge Ram registered to James Coy of Greencastle. Coy told Brown he was off the road, attempting to pull a pizza delivery vehicle out of the ditch.
Brown said that due to snow and the impact of the collision, he could not determine if the vehicle was off the road or not.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene. Brown estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to three recent dispatches:
• At 8:19 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 414 S. Indiana St. for a smoke alarm. Firefighters arrived at 8:23 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 8:28 p.m.
• At 11:57 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD received an alarm for a smoky odor at 17 S. Indiana St. Units arrived at 11:57 but could not find any source for the odor, which was also not detected. GFD left at 12:13 a.m. Wednesday.
• At 12:47 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 303 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:50 but did not find any indication of a fire. GFD left at 1:07 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed six medical assists and had one disregard during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.