Putnam Scanner for January 30, 2019
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday.
• At 6:11 p.m. James Michael Wiltermood, 23, Russellville, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 2:41 p.m. Nathan Kade Williams, 24, Greencastle, was taken into custody for probation violation.
• At 2:01 p.m. Joshua Gordon Jarrett, 35, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 12:16 p.m. Christa L. Cate, 34, Texarkana, Texas, was booked in on a local warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 5:49 a.m. on Monday, Alicia N. Smith, 28, Terre Haute, was northbound on County Road 150 West just south of County Road 300 South in a 2002 Toyota Camry.
Smith told Deputy Marcus Witt she hit some sand, causing her to lose control. The car left the road and hit a ditch.
The vehicle was towed. Witt estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
Deputy Brian Helmer assisted at the scene.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
• At 12:57 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 10 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 1:03 a.m. and found that the detector was covered in steam, and that no fire had occurred. Maintenance was called to reset the alarm. GFD left at 1:21 a.m.
• At 6:37 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD was called to assist the Cloverdale Township Fire Department with a barn fire at 7857 S. CR. 25 East GFD arrived on the scene at 6:52 and helped put out the fire and performed overhaul. GFD went back into service at 10:54 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed three medical assists during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.