Putnam Scanner for June 18, 2019
Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 8:57 p.m. Talmas Allen, 31, Phillipp, Miss., was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated-refusal, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 1:12 a.m. Clifton Dwain Tuell, 54, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 8:50 p.m. Donald Troy Benge, 45, Clio, Mich., was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 2:20 p.m. James Scott Hord, 45, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for parole violation.
• At 12:33 p.m. Brian Robert Callihan, 37, Linton, was taken into custody for parole violation.
• At 12:07 p.m. David Edward Gale, 31, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for invasion of privacy.
• At 11:35 a.m. Stacy Danielle Gaskins, 33, Kansas City, Mo., was booked in for trafficking with an inmate, dealing in a Schedule I controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 9 p.m. on Saturday, Carol L. Delp, 30, Clinton, was eastbound on U.S. 36 at County Road 600 West in a 2012 Dodge Caravan when she hit a deer.
The vehicle was rendered inoperable and was towed from the scene.
Deputy Randy Patrick estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to eight recent dispatches:
• At 8:59 a.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched out to the remains of the barn fire at 2947 E. CR 275 South due to hot spots which had flared up. Units arrived at the property at 9:06 a.m. and extinguished the hot spots. GFD went back into service at 9:48 a.m.
• At 11:55 a.m. on Friday, GFD responded to an extrication call at 1014 Castlebury Dr. Units arrived at the residence at 12:02 p.m. and extricated a child whose legs were caught between the headboards of a bed. The child was freed using a wrench to bend the headboards. GFD went back into service at 12:17 p.m.
• At 2:37 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident with injuries at the intersection of Bloomington Street and Veterans Memorial Highway. Units arrived on the scene at about 2:40 and assisted a patient. GFD went back into service at 2:44 p.m.
• At 3:47 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident with injuries near 505 Shadowlawn Ave. Units arrived on the scene at 3:51 and assisted a patient. GFD went back into service at 4:08 p.m.
• At 5:12 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to the Putnam County Jail for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 5:18 and were informed that the alarm had already been reset, and that the jail had tried to disregard it. GFD returned to station at 5:26 p.m.
• At 8:25 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 315 Ohio St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 8:30 and determined that the alarm was caused by a faulty detector. The detector was replaced, and GFD went back into service at 8:59 p.m.
• At 9:21 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to Peace Lutheran Church for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9: 26 but could not determine a cause for the alarm. The alarm was reset. GFD left at 9:52 p.m.
• At 12:35 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to 101 E. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:40 but could not determine a cause for the alarm. The alarm was reset. GFD left at 12:47 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed three medical assists during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.