Putnam Scanner for July 21, 2020
Thirteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 1:14 a.m. Michael A. Smith, 38, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• At 11:02 p.m. Richard A. Jordan, 30, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of marijuana and driving while intoxicated.
• At 8:12 p.m. Donald G. Bishop Jr., 34, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and carrying a handgun without a license.
• At 6:35 p.m. Ryan D. Lee, 44, Brazil, was lodged at the jail for invasion of privacy.
• At 1:46 a.m. Brian A. Shear, 34, Coatesville, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated.
• At 3:59 p.m. Evaristo M. Hernandez, 40, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 9:53 p.m. Douglas R. Harris, 50, Danville, was booked in for driving while intoxicated.
• At 3:56 p.m. Megan N. Muse, 37, Linton, was lodged at the jail for unlawful possession of a syringe and possession of marijuana.
• At 3:40 p.m. Stephen E. Love, 44, Linton, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a handgun without a permit and possession of marijuana.
• At 11:52 p.m. Jeremy D. Woods, 35, Burleson, Texas, was housed at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent child.
• At 10:39 p.m. Rick L. Woodruff, 40, Greencastle, was booked in for compulsory school attendance violation.
• At 10:06 p.m. Stacy A. Woodruff, 37, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for compulsory school attendance violation.
• At 9:43 p.m. Scott F. Cole, 48, Brazil, was taken into custody for resisting law enforcement.
• At 6:35 p.m. Amy L. Fultz, 48, Coatesville, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
One recent accident resulted in a citation for one of the two drivers, Greencastle City Police reported.
The two-vehicle mishap was reported at 12:10 p.m. Thursday on Indianapolis Road.
Officer Nick Eastham reported that Craig Tuggle, 48, Greencastle, was westbound on Indianapolis Road, driving a 2015 BMW when traffic in front of him stopped for the light at 10th Street. Tuggle braked but his foot slid off the pedal, causing the car to strike the rear of a 1996 Ford Ranger driven by Justin Witt, 34, Greencastle.
Total damage in the accident was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
Witt was cited for operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 3:25 p.m. on Saturday, Charley Walker Jr., 60, Plainfield, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 2017 Toyota Highlander. Kandi R. Collins, 38, Cloverdale, was also westbound in a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu.
Walker told Deputy Josh Deal he signaled to turn right as he was approaching the driveway he needed to enter. Collins slammed on her brakes to avoid a collision but rear-ended Walker’s vehicle.
Both vehicles were towed.
Deal estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
• At 3:41 p.m. Friday, Bernd Nicklasch, 69, Brazil, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2019 Toyota RAV4.
Nicklasch was following a dump truck hauling stone. As the two vehicles began to approach the intersection of U.S. 36, multiple rocks fell from the truck, striking the car. The rocks damaged the hood, windshield and front bumper of the car.
Nicklasch was unable to get information to identify the dump truck.
Deputy Deal estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to five recent dispatches:
• At 1:18 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 1050 Avenue C for a shed fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene at 1:23 and put out the fire. GFD went back into service at 1:51 p.m.
• At 3:35 p.m. on Friday, GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries located near Kroger. Units arrived on the scene at 3:41 and assisted with patient care. GFD went back into service at 3:49 p.m.
• At 9:12 p.m. on Friday, GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries located at 2491 S. CR 250 West. Units arrived on the scene at 9:17 and assisted with patient care. GFD went back into service at 9:53 p.m.
• At 6:40 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries located at the intersection of Jackson and Seminary streets. Units arrived on the scene at 6:42 and assisted with patient care. GFD went back into service at 7:33 p.m.
• At 2:41 p.m. on Sunday, GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries located at 3148 S. U.S. 231. Units arrived on the scene at 2:46 and assisted with patient care. GFD went back into service at 4:32 p.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed 12 medical assists.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.