Putnam Scanner for Dec. 1, 2020
Eleven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 9:56 p.m. Robert H. Hill II, 37, Brazil, was lodged at the jail for theft.
• At 9:33 p.m. Jennifer L. Stutz, 33, Indianapolis, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and unlawful possession of a syringe.
• At 4:31 p.m. Christina G. Atkins, 21, Martinsville, was housed at the jail for battery.
• At 11:16 a.m. Bobby J. Durbin, 40, Brazil, was booked in for driving with a suspended license.
• At 9:33 p.m. Daniell M. Tew, 32, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and on two out-of-county warrants.
• At 9:28 p.m. Wesley P. Seger, 43, Martinsville, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia with a prior conviction and for driving as a habitual traffic violator.
• At 12:02 a.m. Scott D. Griffin, 45, Roachdale, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated-refusal, criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of a property-damage accident.
• At 10:27 p.m. Dean M. Whittaker, 56, Greencastle, was booked in for driving with an ACE of .15 or more.
• At 11:07 a.m. Richard J. Hudson, 46, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent child.
• At 9:47 a.m. Danny W. Hensley, 47, Bainbridge, was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license.
• At 7:02 a.m. Melissa K. Craig, 31, Brazil, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
Greencastle City Police officers investigated a pair of recent theft incidents at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
• At 5:40 p.m. Nov. 24, Kimberly Pena, 34, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Nick Eastham.
Charged with resisting law enforcement, theft and criminal trespass, Pena was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
She reportedly tried to flee the store after being confronted about stealing a $5 dog sweater. She was apprehended immediately by city officers.
Further investigation showed that Pena had tried to steal approximately $20 worth of merchandise.
• At 11:27 a.m. Nov. 24, April Sult, 35, Fillmore, was arrested at Walmart by Officer Eastham.
Sult was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of theft, criminal trespass and possession of methamphetamine.
Authorities said Sult attempted to steal $119.13 worth of merchandise by concealing the items in her purse.
She tried to take earrings and other jewelry as well as a small heater.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 11:17 p.m. on Friday, Bradley Fidler, 29, Quincy, was eastbound on State Road 42 approaching Bell Ford Bridge in a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee when he hit a deer.
Deputy Robert Soilleux estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 6:46 p.m. on Thursday, Elizabeth A. Evans, 51, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 near the Putnam County Fairgrounds in a 2020 Honda Odyssey when she hit a deer.
Deputy Josh Deal estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
• At 10:21 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to Opportunity Housing for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 10:27 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was reset. GFD went back into service at 10:35 a.m.
• At 5:29 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 801 N. Madison St. for an illegal burn that was called in. Firefighters arrived at 5:33 and found that the homeowner was not burning anything illegal. The homeowner was advised of the city burn ordinance, and GFD went back into service at 5:46 p.m.
• At 3:31 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to a reported illegal burn at 18 N. Madison St. Firefighters arrived at 3:33 and found that the homeowner was actually cooking. GFD went back into service at 3:34 p.m.
• At 4:54 p.m. on Sunday, GFD responded to an alarm for a structure fire at 648 Jefferson Valley in Coatesville. Firefighters arrived on the scene at 5:16 p.m. with Engine 2 and the tower truck and assisted with extinguishment. GFD went back into service at 10 p.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed 12 medical assists.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.