Putnam Scanner for May 11, 2021
A Poland man faces a pair of misdemeanor charges following a recent crash during which he was allegedly heavily under the influence of alcohol.
At 12:50 a.m. on Sunday, Benjamin R. Boone, 21, Poland, was eastbound on County Road 1200 South in a 2009 Pontiac Torrent.
Deputy Daniel Birt reported that the vehicle left the south side of the road and while driving in the ditch, hit the mailbox at 2912 E. CR 1200 South.
Boone’s car continued eastbound, crossing over to the north side of the road, where it became lodged into the side of a hill.
Boone was transported from the scene with injuries that included severe facial bleeding.
He tested at .30 ACE, nearly four times the legal limit.
At 4:11 a.m., Boone was booked in the Putnam County Jail on charges of driving with an ACE of .15 or more and disorderly conduct.
The vehicle was towed. Birt estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
Thirteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 12:01 a.m. Jonathon T. Scroggin, 25, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16.
• At 4:34 p.m. Rickey E. Albright, 72, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for domestic battery.
• At 4:11 a.m. Benjamin R. Boone, 21, Poland, was housed at the jail for driving
• At 9:10 a.m. Dennis J. Murphy, 67, Greencastle, was booked in for driving while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
• At 2:40 p.m. Jeffrey A. Debruler, 29, Clayton, was lodged at the jail on a Hendricks County warrant.
• At 9:41 p.m. Alycia J. Patton, 33, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for invasion of privacy.
• At 11:07 a.m. Brian J. Syra, 47, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for battery, criminal confinement, resisting law enforcement, disorderly conduct and public nudity.
• At 3:14 a.m. Jonathan W. Hanlon, 43, Greencastle, was booked in for driving while intoxicated and driving with an ACE of .15 or more.
• At 11:33 p.m. Emmanuel C. Sanders, 32, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 9:43 p.m. Jonathan E. Hyde, 39, Bainbridge, was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 12:44 p.m. Jeremy D. West, 44, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for parole violation.
• At 9:07 a.m. Sarah L. Collier, 38, Cloverdale, was booked in on a warrant for theft.
• At 9:06 a.m. Heather L. Book, 34, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for trafficking with an inmate, possession of methamphetamine and on a warrant for theft.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
• At 6:43 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to the apartments at 330 Greenwood Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:48 and determined the alarm was due to a dirty detector head. The head was cleaned and the alarm was reset. GFD went back into service at 7:07 p.m.
• At 12:46 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to the apartments at 330 Greenwood Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:48 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was reset. GFD went back into service at 1:02 p.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed nine medical assists and had two disregards.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.