Putnam Scanner for Dec. 17, 2021
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 3:39 a.m. Roger D. Riddell, 56, Martinsville, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine.
• At 8:16 p.m. Michael P. Crawford, 42, Edinberg, was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 7:10 p.m. Edward W. Tomlin, 32, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for leaving the scene of an accident.
• At 2:54 p.m. Amber N. Decker, 36, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of a syringe and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 2:13 p.m. Lolita M. Batchelor, 46, Terre Haute, was lodged at the jail on a Clay County warrant.
• At 12:30 p.m. Brodie M. Hensley, 26, Terre Haute, was taken into custody for theft.
• At 12:08 p.m. Larrin M. Knight, 26, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 11:59 a.m. Tyjuan D. Abron, 32, Indianapolis, was booked in for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 11:34 a.m. Eric J. Whitman, 30, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 9:07 a.m. Brian K. Graham, 44, Indianapolis, was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance.
•At 3:47 p.m. Austin M. Green, 23, Bainbridge, was housed at the jail for public intoxication.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, two people were arrested at a Maple Avenue residence and lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Shawn Weston, 21, Greencastle, was arrested by Sgt. Brad Hiatt for possession of marijuana and on a Putnam County warrant for theft.
At the same time, Stephanie Harness, 18, Plainfield, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown for false informing and assisting a criminal.
Two recent citations were issued by city officers.
• At 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, Audra Mills, 55, Ladoga, was ticketed for speeding by Officer Brown.
Stopped at Bloomington and South streets, Mills was cited for 59 mph in a 30-mph.
-- At 1:55 p.m. Tuesday, Jayland Imhausen, 21, Fillmore, was ticketed by Officer Darrel Bunten.
Stopped on Avenue B, Imhausen was cited for a learner’s permit violation.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 9:36 a.m. on Sunday, Wendy D. Crevier, 67, Clayton, was eastbound on County Road 125 South approaching a curve in the road in a 2015 Toyota Corolla when she lost control and traveled through a fence.
Cpl. Scott Ducker estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000. The vehicle was towed.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to six incidents:
• At 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to the apartments at 330 Greenwood Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 7:50 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was reset. GFD went back into service at 8 p.m.
• At 6:14 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD was sent out on a good intent call to 1022 Castlebury Dr. for a smoke alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:21 and were advised that the alarm had been going off over time. There was no incident found, and GFD went back into service at 6:31 a.m.
• At 3:46 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 715 Highridge Ave. for an illegal burn. Firefighters arrived at 3:51 and found the homeowner burning sticks. GFD advised the homeowner of the city burn ordinance and the fire was extinguished. GFD went back into service at 4:06 p.m.
• At 4:52 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 117 W. Berry St. for low-hanging cable lines. Firefighters arrived at 4:54 and removed the cable lines blocking the roadway. GFD went back into service at 5 a.m.
• At 9 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to Pi Beta Phi on the DePauw University campus for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9:03 and were advised that the alarm was due to construction and that it was already reset. GFD went back into service at 9:08 a.m.
• At 9:44 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to Kirsch Family Dentistry for a smoke alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9:47 and were advised that the alarm was due to dust from dental work. The alarm was reset. GFD went back into service at 9:52 a.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed two medical assists, had one disregard and did not find an incident on one dispatch.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.