Gregg/Hale bus tour sets Oct. 31 Greencastle stopHeading into the 2016 election homestretch, Democrat candidates John Gregg for governor and Christina Hale for lieutenant governor are taking their campaign on the road with a statewide bus tour that...
Playhouse, Peeler, School of Music get arts fundingTERRE HAUTE -- On behalf of the Indiana Arts Commission, Arts Illiana will award 12 arts organizations and arts providers -- including Putnam County Playhouse and the DePauw University Peeler Arts...
- PNC Grow Up Great program effort aids Putnam Head Start program (10/20/16)
- Launch Putnam County unveiling due Oct. 25 (10/20/16)
- Museum seeks military items for local Veterans Day display (10/20/16)
- Green Light Celebration (10/20/16)
- Halloween camping event set Oct. 29 at Raccoon SRA (10/20/16)
- Cloverdale Lions Officers (10/20/16)
- Hole In One (10/20/16)
- 24 arrested for selling counterfeit items at Covered Bridge Festival (10/20/16)
- Suspect who briefly fled police can't get away from his past (10/20/16)
- DePauw School of Music Events Week of Oct. 24--30 (10/20/16)
Today is Thursday, Oct. 20, the 294th day of 2016. There are 72 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Oct. 20, 1976, 78 people were killed when the Norwegian tanker Frosta rammed the commuter ferry George Prince on the Mississippi River near New Orleans.
Thought for Today: "Next to ingratitude, the most painful thing to bear is gratitude." — Henry Ward Beecher, American clergyman (1813-1887).
- Tiger Cubs fall in five sets; NP winsCRAWFORDSVILLE — Greencastle’s volleyball team has had its share of ups and downs this year, playing well at times and showing its youth on others. More than half of the Tiger Cubs’ roster consists of freshmen and sophomores, and such inconsistency is not surprising...
- Tonight’s prep football capsules
- Featured Athlete of the Week: Shelby Kallem, Greencastle
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Premiere date set for Pat Rady documentary (10/18/16)
- Spikers open sectionals Thursday (10/18/16)2
- Greencastle's Emma Wilson wins regional title; South Putnam boys place fourth (10/16/16)
- Wilson claims first regional title (10/16/16)
Pay attention to local races when you’re in the voting booth (10/20/16)Election fever has caught on around the nation, around the state and right here in Putnam County. It’s not hard to see why. With a presidential election seemingly unprecedented in its divisiveness, people are choosing sides and finding someone to vote for — or against...
Better keep an eye out for deer on Putnam roadways (9/29/16)While deer hunting season -- at least the archery portion -- is set to begin Saturday, Oct. 1, deer season on Hoosier highways is well under way. But if you’re a regular reader of the Putnam Scanner, you already knew that. In fact, in today’s edition, two of the four accidents reported by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department involved deer -- or possibly even an antelope, as one driver told police...
Helen Joan HendricksHelen Joan Hendricks, 84, of Ladoga, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016 at Hendricks Regional. She was born Nov. 17, 1931 in Indianapolis, daughter of the late Earl and Helen Anna (Gantz) Simon....
Beverly Anne Jones-SteeleBeverly Anne Jones-Steele, 64, of Cloverdale, passed unexpectedly on early Tuesday morning, Oct. 18, 2016, at Riverview Health in Noblesville. She is survived by husband Wally Steele. They married on...
Twila Gail OttTwila Gail Ott, 83, of Greencastle, passed away Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016. She was born Aug. 11, 1933 in Indianapolis to Roy and Carrie Wilkerson. Twila was a graduate of Arsenal Technical High School...
Mary Lou DudleyMary Lou Dudley, 91, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016. Born May 9, 1925 in Putnam County, she was the daughter of Robert and Jessie (Buis) Arnold. She was a 1943 graduate of Fillmore High...
Putnam Scanner 10-21-16 (10/20/16)City Police Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers. • At 1:20 a.m. Wednesday, Max Morphew, 45, Greencastle, was arrested at a Maple Avenue apartment by Reserve Officer...
Putnam Scanner 10-19-16 (10/19/16)Greencastle City Police officers investigated a recent shoplifting incident at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road. • At 5:20 p.m. Friday, Cassidy Frost, 19, Bainbridge, was arrested by Sgt. Ed...
Putnam Scanner 10-17-16 (10/16/16)Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to three recent property-damage crashes. • At 8:32 a.m. on Thursday, Lindsey J. Cottrell, 30, Coatesville, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2007 Chevrolet...
Court News for 10-21-2016 (10/20/16)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. The following cases have been filed recently in Putnam County courts. Criminal Cases • Michael Eugene Skinner, 44, Greencastle, possession of methamphetamine • Cassidy Jane Frost, 19, Bainbridge, Level 6 felony unlawful possession of a syringe, Class A misdemeanor theft...
Houses for Rent
4 BED ROOM, 2 BATH, HOUSE FOR RENTRENTAL HOUSE IN COUNTRY, 4 bed room,2 full bath, large rooms plus bonus room with walk out to porch, all appliances, large yard,$800.00 rent plus $800.00 deposit, water only included in rent, LP gas heat. Located at US Hwy. 36 and US Hwy. 231,...
CONCRETE FINISHERS - IMMEDIATE OPENINGSSmall, private owned concrete company in needed of skilled concrete finishers. Must be able to form, pour and finish residential/light commercial work. Must have own tools and transportation. Our company works in the following counties (must be able...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
Latest State & Nation News