N.J. men reunited with priceless motorcycles, alleged thief reported them stolenHonor among thieves apparently isn’t what it used to be. So thanks to a suspect in the Putnam County Jail telling police that a motorcycle he reportedly stole had, in turn, been stolen from him, a...
Judges seek state approval for magistrate1In getting to the nuts and bolts of a request for a third judicial officer in the county, the Putnam Circuit Court judge apparently drew from his childhood. Because Judge Matt Headley, namesake of...
‘Blessing in Disguise’Trailer and shed alike still sit ablaze Friday afternoon, marking the end of a Thursday fire that saw the destruction of two abandoned structures between the 7800 and 7900 blocks of CR 880 West, near...
Putnam County College Fair set for Monday nightThe annual Putnam County College Fair will take place Monday, Sept. 25 at 5:30 p.m. at the Putnam County Fairgrounds in Greencastle. The main section of the building will house 44 schools, several...
- Jackson St. closure starts Monday as city widens and improves road (9/21/17)
- Community Crossing funds awarded to local communities (9/21/17)
- ESPN founder, DPU grad returns for Ubben Lecture (9/21/17)
- ‘Dining in the Dark’ blindness awareness project is Eagle Scout’s badge of honor (9/21/17)
- Pasta for Paws event at fairgrounds Sept. 30 (9/21/17)
- Putnam Patter: Soul Harvest to begin hosting Celebrate Recovery (9/21/17)
- Putnamville District Post conducts annual inspection (9/21/17)
- Area town longing for further cleanup, beautification (9/20/17)1
- Edgelea mishap (9/20/17)1
- Soul Harvest to begin hosting Celebrate Recovery each Friday (9/20/17)
- NP falls to Knights in lengthy shootout (9/23/17)
- Arrows’ explosive offense keys 41-10 victory over Greencastle (9/23/17)1
- Eagles to keep battling despite recent struggles (9/23/17)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Tiger Cub tennis rolls past Owen Valley, 4-1 (9/23/17)
- Tigers to open at home today (9/23/17)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: DePauw home opener has underlying subplot (9/21/17)
Editorial: Give INDOT credit for getting it right (9/14/17)The Indiana Department of Transportation often finds itself as a lightning rod for criticism. Want a go-to way to make fun of too little work getting done by too many workers? Compare them to the State Highway Dept. Mad about how road or bridge construction is being handled? Blame INDOT...
EDITORIAL: Give freely — but don’t be fooled (8/31/17)Sympathy — it’s a natural and healthy reaction for any of us to have when we see images of suffering either in person or from afar. But when the images of Hurricane Harvey are from 1,000 miles away, what are we supposed to do? There must be a way to help...
Larry PhillipsLarry Phillips, 63, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2107. Arrangements are pending at the Hopkins-Rector Funeral Home, Greencastle.
William E. BlueMaj. William E. Blue (USAF, Ret.) grew up in Roachdale. He is predeceased by his parents Roy Blue (teacher/principal) and Mary Shields Blue (beautician). He is survived by his spouse Jean VanVactor...
Charlotta Kay OliphantCharlotta Kay Oliphant, 71, of Bloomfield, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017 at Glenburn Home in Linton. Born Feb. 6, 1946 in Linton, she was the daughter of Bill and Minnie (Bingham) Sullivan....
Charles E. 'Charlie' PingletonCharles E. "Charlie" Pingleton, 31, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 22 at the Greencastle Christian Church with...
Putnam Scanner for 9-23-17 (9/22/17)County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 11:22 p.m. Cody Alan Duncan, 31, Camby, was taken into custody on three warrants. • At 10:13 p.m. Ulysses Scott...
Putnam Scanner for 9-22-17 (9/21/17)
Putnam Scanner 9-20-17 (9/19/17)One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • At 2:42 p.m. Jacob Lee Farnsworth, 22, Sullivan, was lodged at the jail on a parole hold. Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated...
Court News for 9-23-2017 (9/22/17)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Danny Ray Martin, 34, Roachdale, Level 6 felony domestic battery William J. Clements, 22, Fillmore, Level 6 felony auto theft Samuel E. Crowther, 48, Terre Haute, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Hire a Professional DJ for Your EventPPZ Music Mobile DJ Service offers your best entertainment investment for your wedding, party, or any occasion. Featuring a full sound and lighting system, and music/karaoke to suit any taste. Extremely experienced and professional (started in...
Area 30 Career Center Cafeteria ManagerPosition: Cafeteria Manager Start Date: Immediately Date Posted: September 20, 2017 Date Close: When position is filled Employment: Part-time Cafeteria Manager will oversee a staff of 4, complete IDOE and NSLP reports, develop school lunch...
Farm HelpContact information has been corrected. Full time with paid days off. Grain and livestock farm. Experience required operating equipment. Benifits available for the righ person. Email your qualifications and contact information to....
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Fallen wrestler earned respect from all who knew him
- Jackson St. closure starts Monday as city widens and improves road
- Judge Headley, sheriff’s department warn of jury duty scam
- ‘Dining in the Dark’ blindness awareness project is Eagle Scout’s badge of honor
- Suspicious vehicle along I-70 leads troopers to meth and ginseng